This chicken is so easy. Like SO easy and really yummy. I can’t really say much else. I cooked this with roasted cauliflower and balsamic glaze – which you can make yourself by reducing balsamic vinegar, but I buy it in bulk since I use it so often. You can buy it at most grocery stores already ‘glazed’ up with all the work done for you!
- Two chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup pesto sauce (purchased or made from scratch. Here is my pesto sauce recipe.)
- 1/2 cup sliced tomatoes (I used grape tomatoes b/c that’s what was in my pantry)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh ground pepper
- Balsamic glaze
- Your choice of vegetable side
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut any excess fat off of chicken
- Cover each chicken breast with plastic wrap and pound until they are thin and the same thickness.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper lightly on both sides of the chicken breast
- Heat olive oil to medium heat
- Place chicken breast in the pan and sear for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat
- Spray a small glass or metal baking dish with non-stick spray or oil
- In the pan, place both chicken breasts.
- Top each chicken breast with 1/2 cup of pesto. Spread out across the breast evenly.
- Cover with foil and place in oven for 25 minutes
- Uncover and bake for another 5 minutes
- Check temperature of chicken, it should be at 165 when using a thermometer.
- When complete, pull from oven. Sprinkle each chicken breast with half of the cheese.
- Uncover. Place back in oven on low broil for about 1-2 minutes until cheese is brown and melted. Keep your eye on the chicken as you don’t want to broil too long and dry out the chicken.
- Pull from oven and let rest for a few minutes.
- Plate and top with tomatoes, then drizzle with balsamic glaze.