If you follow any previous posts – you’ll know that I love me some PESTO sauce. It is delicious. Freezes well. Goes with everything: pizza, pasta, sandwiches, dips, seafood, beef, chicken — its awesome sauce (pun fully intended). This recipe is a quick after-dinner recipe that takes about 20 minutes to make from start to sitting down to eat. Just make the pesto ahead-of time and its that easy! Use fresh shrimp if possible and either make or buy fresh pasta. Buitoni is delicious and makes a big difference. I used fettuccine is this recipe. Buon Apetito!
- 3/4 – 1 cup pesto sauce
- 1 lb fresh shrimp
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp fresh parmesan cheese
- 1/2 white onion chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp minced garlic (about 3 large cloves)
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup halved artichoke hearts
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 package fresh pasta
- salt & pepper
- Set a large pot of lightly salted water to boil on stove.
- Peel and devein shrimp – poo in your shrimp is bad news. 🙂
- Pat shrimp dry.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over shrimp.
- Place artichokes, Italian seasoning, and half of lemon juice in a bowl and mix. Set aside.
- Place onion and butter in saute pan over medium heat.
- Once onion is starting to cook and become soft, add in garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Add the other half of lemon juice and white wine.
- Simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Check pasta water – add pasta and cook (if fresh pasta) for about 2 minutes in boiling water. If dry pasta, cook for approximately 8-10 minutes. When pasta is cooked, strain and cover with towel to keep warm.
- Add raw shrimp to saute pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Once shrimp is mostly pink and starting to curl up, add in the pesto sauce and artichoke hearts. Continue to saute for another 2 or so minutes.
- Add in cooked pasta – do this in thirds so you can toss pasta in the sauce and add in more pesto if its needed.
- Once all pasta is mixed with the shrimp/artichoke/pesto sauce – its ready to go
- Place into serving bowls and top with parmesan cheese.